Homes for Sale in Solon, Ohio
The city of Solon is bordered on the north by Orange, Moreland Hills, and Bentleyville; on the east by Bainbridge Township; on the west by Bedford Heights and Oakwood; and on the south by Glenwillow, Twinsburg and Reminderville.
Solon had humble beginnings as a farming town that was established in 1820 and named after Lorenzo Solon Bull, who was the son of one of the first settlers, Isaac Bull. As the years passed, railroad routes contributed to the growth of the town, gradually transforming Solon into a thriving community.
Today, Solon is a progressive city, boasting a comprehensive zoning plan, a strong industrial base, and a highly rated public school system. Solon has been recognized numerous times as one of the “Best Places to Live” by Money magazine, and one of the “Best Places to Raise Kids” by Bloomberg Businessweek. In addition, it’s been rated as one of the safest cities in the state, and in 2013 was granted a Google eCity award for the city with the strongest online business community in Ohio.
Public Schools in Solon, Ohio
- Arthur Road Elementary School
- Dorothy E. Lewis Elementary School
- Parkside Elementary School
- Roxbury Elementary School
- Orchard Middle School
- Solon Middle School
- Solon High School
Solon, Ohio Homes for Sale – Solon Real Estate
Solon offers a wonderful selection of real estate, ranging from single-family residences like bungalows, sprawling estate properties, historic homes, and luxury homes, as well as townhouses and condominiums. If you prefer to build your own custom home, land and build-ready lots can also be purchased.
Homes on the north side of Solon, which is roughly the area north of U.S. Route 422, are mostly older homes built during the 1950s to the 1970s, and are on larger, wooded lots that offer mature trees and landscaping as well as ample privacy.
The central portion of Solon contains real estate closer to U.S. Route 422, and includes newer developments that were built in the last 10 to 20 years like Chagrin Highlands, which offer luxury estates on lots about an acre in size, plus a small group of cluster homes.
Solon’s south side can be defined as the area south of State Route 43, which contains developments built during the 1990s or later, with a mix of lovely luxury estates and country club homes in neighborhoods like Forest Hills, Rollingbrook, and Signature of Solon.
Areas of Interest
- Grantwood Golf Club – Located to the north of Aurora Road and Pettibone Road, Grantwood Golf Club features an 18-hole course that has been rated by Golf Magazine as one of the “Top Five Courses You Can Play In Cleveland Under $50.” With gently rolling terrain, small undulating greens, over 40 bunkers, and water coming into play on most of the holes, the course provides plenty of challenges for skilled players. The clubhouse also includes a snack bar, Pro shop, banquet facility, and meeting rooms.
- Hawthorne Valley Country Club – On the opposite end of the Grantwood Golf Club to the northwest lies the Hawthorne Valley Country Club with its 18-hole, Donald Ross designed golf course, along with a driving range, chipping area, and spacious putting green. Amenities at the clubhouse include a full-service locker room, men’s locker room attendant, 19th Hole Sports Bar and Lounge, as well as well-stocked Pro Shop with a wide selection of golf accessories.
- Timberlake Recreation Park – This is a natural park with a large fishing lake, two pavilions and numerous outdoor grills for picnics and outdoor gatherings. The location is secluded and is accessible through Root Road from either Jackson Road to the north or Pettibone Road to the south. The 4-acre lake is stocked with bass, bluegill, catfish, and sunfish.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.