What to look for in a Realtor?Michelle McQuade | June 7, 2017
It’s easy to think that you can buy or sell a home without the help of a professional. Indeed, the internet gives you fast access to listing sites where you can advertise or search for a property on your own.
However, when you’re about to embark on what is perhaps the single biggest transaction you’ll make in your life, it’s wise to have the guidance of an experienced real estate agent to ensure you get the best possible results.
Consider the benefits you can get from working with a Realtor:
- They are well-versed with real estate jargon that may be difficult for an amateur to understand.
- They have access to more listings than those you can find on your own.
- They belong to extensive professional networks where they can receive and share information, including available properties that are not listed on the web. These networks include not only realtors, but other professionals whose services are often essential in a real estates transaction, such as mortgage brokers, lawyers, home stagers, home inspectors, and the like.
- They can negotiate with buyers or sellers on your behalf.
- They know how the right buying or selling strategies even in the most competitive market.
- They can relieve you of the documentation burden that comes with a real estate transaction.
It’s not enough, however, to work with just any real estate professional. In a dynamic seller’s market like Cleveland, it’s important to work only with the most qualified Realtors.
How to find the best realtor – Cleveland Realtors
Here are some pointers on how to find the best Realtor in Cleveland for you:
- 1. Work with real estate agents who belong to the National Association of Realtors
Only licensed agents can be members of the NAR. NAR members abide by a strict Code of Ethics that ensures transparency, integrity, and the highest professional standards.
- 2. Check the Realtor’s experience
An experienced Realtor can provide you the best kind of representation in any kind of market and will know how to approach various situations. If you’re a seller, they can help you devise marketing plans to attract the right buyers. If you’re a buyer, they can work with you in developing buying strategies to help you emerge as the ultimate buyer.Experience also honest negotiation skills, which are very important when dealing with a home buyer or seller.
- 3. Look into the Realtor’s track record
How many have sales volume they generated? How are they regarded in the industry? A good way to find out is to check any industry or peer-given award they have received. These are highly reliable endorsements based on actual performance and achievements. To see the honors awarded to top Cleveland Realtor, Michelle McQuade, check out this page.
- 4. Make sure the Realtor has a professional internet presence
Almost all home searches today begin on the Internet, so a visible web presence for your property is important. Your Realtor must have a professional looking and updated website that people will want to visit.Additionally, look into their listings and check the quality of the photos and descriptions. The listings will also give you an idea of the type of homes the Realtor has represented. You’d want to work with someone who has experience in a property similar to what you want to buy or sell.
- 5. Work with a local expert
A professional who knows the area intimately will also be highly familiar with local real estate trends. They can guide buyers to the home or neighborhood that best fits their client’s needs and preference, or help sellers highlight the best features of their home and community.
If you’re looking to work with a top Realtor in Cleveland, get in touch with Michelle McQuade at 440.823.2448 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.